Due to new technologies and a new generation of advanced security threats, it’s paramount that education institutions reevaluate their traditional security methodologies.
Education Institutions have distinct user groups – students, faculty and staff – that require separation from one another and the
ability to collaborate. These Institutions are faced with the following unique challenges:
- Regulatory Compliance: Many institutions have to comply with standards such as PCI and HIPAA since they accept credit cards and store student personal information.
- Limited budget: Faced with protecting a complex and widespread infrastructure, many educational organizations do not have the resources to implement a robust security program.
- Lack of governance and risk management: Institutions typically operate as a decentralized model, with individual academic silos acting autonomously from one another.
- Open network access: Increasing numbers of users, and the influx of computing devices combine to place high demands on IT infrastructure.
- Outsource your information security management to CKSS and realize cost-savings by delivering subject matter expertise who will work toward securing your information assets.
- Rely on CKSS for regulatory compliance to PCI and HIPAA standards. (Read more)
- IT Audits: CKSS Audit Team comprises of experts in security regulations, standards, and frameworks. Whether complying with HIPAA, or Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, CKSS has the knowledge and skills to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- In house and Virtual Security Consultants: CKSS understands the need to customize service delivery options and offers you the flexibility to choose your consulting package. We recognize that your statement of work may vary for off-site, remotely-delivered support as well as on-site services based on your requirements.